Why I Serve


I was raised to believe that voting was not only a right, but also a responsibility. One that I take very seriously. I have been involved in the political process all of my adult life. As I was growing up I saw how important it was to serve in our community through the example of my father. As a small business owner I was very aware of the impact and often burden that government regulations put on my business. I then realized that it was much easier to change or impact the process BEFORE it became law. I became involved in the legislative process at the local, state and federal levels. I also became fascinated with the process put in place by our founding fathers. I decided that I wanted to become more involved in the legislative process. I was encouraged to run for the State Legislature and was unsuccessful, but it was a good learning experience. It was at that time I recognized that so much of the activity of the legislature impacts our cities and counties. I decided to run for Weber County Commission where I am currently serving.

I serve under the principles of:


Limited Government - Keeping government from providing services that the private sector can and should provide.

Representative Government - Always being open, accessible and accountable to the people I serve.

Affordable Government - Balancing needs verses wants and learning to live within our existing revenues.